![]() |
| Thanksgiving Program on Thursday the 18th |
![]() |
| Molly & her BFF Amanda at the Thanksgiving Feast |
![]() |
| Molly as Native American Girl |
![]() |
| The girls painting in the yard. |
![]() |
| Got to school early one day this week so we played in the park next to school. These girls are so different. Photo tells it all. |
![]() |
| Harriette the Ham! |
Molly has been coming home singing for weeks and soon I learned why...a Kindergarten Thanksgiving Play and Feast was in the works. I was fortunate enough to help with helping kids with the turkey hats (all got to make each costume but each selected what part they wanted to play in the program). I also got to help with turkey hat fitting AND helped Molly's class cut up vegetables for the soup. She practiced her songs every day and it was amazing. Harriette was a bit squirmy during the performance but only started yelling a bit at the end. The next day was the Turkey Trot - all the kids ran around wearing their turkey hats and the principal dressed up like a turkey (I LOVE this principal - she is amazing).
We had our first parent conference on Tuesday and she is doing great according to her teacher. We are very proud of her! She is beginning to sound out words and write them. It's very cool. Her drawings are getting more elaborate and detailed. I love watching her progress.
Molly is now 44.5 inches and 42 lbs in case you wanted to know (we went to the doctor for a sinus infection last Monday and she missed her first day of school - she was bummed)
Harriette has been talking up a storm. Her sentences are clear and she's really starting to understand. Potty training has been slow but steady - she's ready but still won't always tell me when she wants to go. In fact, I was carrying her and felt something warm and I asked her if she peed and she said no. Of course there was no hiding the evidence! She is also playing with PlayDoh like crazy. We are still taking Dance for Fun with Miss Courtney and another preschoolish class (which she isn't enjoying as much for some reason...she doesn't like when people sing sometimes - "Too Loud" or "I don't like that song" (even though she loves to sing it at home). Also the preschool class is a parenting type class and I don't agree exactly with some of the teacher's philosophy. Molly is off of school all next week so she will be coming with Harriette & I to class. We'll see how it goes tomorrow. It may be our last class if she and I both are not enjoying it.
Harriette is such a ham - her expressions are priceless. She is my complete mini me - up or down - sweet or sour, tells it like it is, and can fly off the handle at a moment's notice. Hopefully with a bit of help from Ma & Pa here, we can help her grow up to be more controlled and calm (even more that I have learned to be). She is the sweetest thing and is loving to give us hugs and kisses. She hugs all of Molly's friends at school. She dances and sings and wants to do everything her sister does but is still independent.
Both girls are pretty helpful when I ask them to help with chores. Molly is a champion at cleaning her room and clearing the table. Harriette can now open the fridge and throw away trash.
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! We will be going up to Gramma Ata's house in Cambria. Gramma Bev will be joining us and Cappy too. Looking forward to cooking and See's chocolate turkeys!
Gooble Gobble Gobble! Lots to be thankful for!
A few video clips of the Thanksgiving program:








No comments:
Post a Comment