So what have we been doing you ask? Visited the Aquarium yesterday with Leigh and Nico. Today swim lessons for Molly & outdoor pool with Haley, Danielle & Amy (Haley & Danielle are the twins we met last summer in swim class - Amy is their awesome mom). Went to Disneyland with Gramma on Monday - both gals in classic mouse ears and holding hands. Wading pool playdate with Josh, his brother Nathan & his mom Natalie last Friday. On Tuesday Molly got her first library card and checked out books for the first time. Her selections: Care Bear book for Harriette and she chose a book about the Hunley - Civil War submarine - why I don't know but I learned a lot and Barbie Island Princess or something like that which we have read several times this week - there's a most excellent illustration of an elephant riding on a dolphin.
I was rocking Harriette tonight and she snuggled into my arms. Molly was asleep already and I could hear her breathing. Nobody can tell you how amazing being a parent is - they can tell you how challenging it is but you can't ever explain the amazing-ness. This is hard work - making good people. I do want to pull out my hair: screaming in the middle of the store or when we have to leave the park, the whining for more juice, the many many many Band-Aids we go through, finding a rock or stick in my pocket, multiple multi-colored sippee cups all over the place, a necessary diaper change right when we need to leave, "I'll do it" and then having to do it, hair combing refusals, pulling me away from the dishes to "Show You" but really having nothing to show me. Sometimes I remember to stop. I love when I stop. I love these girls.
Whew..I'm tired.







No comments:
Post a Comment