Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Fall 2009





I am constantly amazed by these girls. I love the sound of them laughing and playing. I get suspicious when it's too quiet but it usually just means they are reading. Spinach is one of there favorite foods- can you believe it?!

Harriette started going to childcare mid October. Harriette got really sick her first few weeks at school and was sick during Halloween (hence not many photos). She fell asleep while Molly trick -o-treated. Molly dressed up as "Barbie Thumbelina". It was essentially a cute fairy dress/wings and a Barbie image on a button. Gramma Bev joined us too! Harriette wore Molly's bear costume and looked mighty adorable. Brian dusted off his Obi-WanKen obi costume - neighborhood kids thought it was pretty cool. The gorilla costume will have to wait until the girls aren't afraid of it anymore!

It has been an adjustment for sure since I've gone back to work. I miss the girls so much. It's a very different schedule for everyone involved. Brian drops Harriette off at school and I drop off Molly at her preschool. Poor Molly does not like getting up so early. If Bri gets home first, he picks them up but if I get them if's usually around 5 or 5:30 (dark! boo!). Molly is thriving at school and learning so much. Lots of new songs, letter sounds, starting to write letters, drawing like crazy. We signed up for a dance class on site every Tuesday now and she will be participating in the school holiday program on Dec. 9 and has been practicing her singing every day! Fun!


Harriette had an ear infection and then had an allergic reaction to the antibiotics (just like Brian did last year). She's just getting over it all now. She was also cutting new teeth at the time so she was all out of sorts. Harriette is very much a little me - lots of highs and lows --not too much in the middle. Although I don't bite people when I get angry. Getting her off a bottle has been a bit rough too - I should have started way earlier. Oh well...just move forward is all we can do. She is such a doll and is running full speed now. Has lots more words: head, nose, teeth, fish, gramma, momma, Mol, bottle, shoe (still her favorite). Nose actually is more like 'no' but she points to her nose while saying it. Oh and unlike her sister, she does not like dresses...she's a jeans and t-shirt kind of gal (takes after her Auntie Bo).

We are going to Cambria for Thanksgiving tomorrow night. Driving up with my dad. Gramma Bev will travel there too. Very excited to see Gramma Ata and eat turkey and pies and a nice walk in Cambria. I am very thankful for my amazing family and friends.

Much love and happiness to all.



No comments:

Post a Comment