


So much has happened this month. The biggest news of course is that Molly turned 4 on Wednesday, October 7. Molly woke up to a streamer and balloon filled dining room with lots of pink gifts! She received many Prince dolls (because her Princess Barbies needed their princes)! Prince Philip of course is her favorite. She also got a very cool pink guitar. Gramma Ata & Cappy joined us for birthday breakfast and for singing of course! We went to Disneyland this year instead of having a party. We all took the day off to sleep in and celebrate at the Happiest Place on Earth. We ate lunch at Ariel's Grotto in California Adventure. Brian & Molly went on Soaring Over California. After lunch we hit "Fast Train" (Big Thunder Mountain). Later, Molly's friends Haley and Danielle (and their mom Amy & dad Chris) joined us for Alice in Wonderland, Carousel and dinner. Firework show started just as we were leaving - the girls were exhausted (so were mom and dad).
Gramma Bev's present (along with more Barbies and clothes - man those shoes are small) was a trip to see Disney Princesses on Ice the weekend before. We traveled to Bakersfield last weekend so Gramma Bev & Molly dressed as Belle could enjoy that show. I was surprised that Molly didn't want to wear her Princess Aurora dress but I think it has something to do with long sleeves. This is a battle I'm going to have to fight as it gets colder.
So I started a new full time job on the 4th. Molly started full time daycare/preschool. Harriette will be starting full time child care week after next. Gramma Ata is watching her for 2 weeks until my first pay day. Ugh. It's not fun being away from the girls but Molly seems to have adjusted pretty well...in fact she's taking over as usual! Her last day of Rainbow School was on the 1st. We really miss Miss Tami (she told her new teacher Miss Hart).
Harriette is running around the house like crazy. It's amazing that in such a small amount of time, she's gone from toddling to full dash. I for sure have to run after her. Poor Gramma Ata is getting a work out this last week! Harriette's vocabulary and understanding is growing. New words that I can understand...fish, ball, brush, flower, we're pretty sure she coming close to saying "Mol or Molly". I can ask her to pick something up and bring it to me and she's been pointing to her diaper when she needs a change. She turned 17 months on the 7th!
Both girls had to have a TB test before going to childcare. Molly had a physical and is now weighing in at 38 lbs and is 41.5" tall. Harriette got over the shot/test a lot easier than Molly did - poor thing. I felt so bad and we had to see a dr (after a very very long wait) to make sure it wasn't abnormal. It was fine - I think she had just scratched it so the nurse questioned it.
Brian has been working like crazy...in fact he worked all weekend long. Good for our pockets, not so good for my sanity and for time with his girls. Ah but all will work out one way or another.
Love to all of you! I'm sure I missed something.
No comments:
Post a Comment