Monday, August 3, 2009

How is it August Already?


So only a few weeks until my sister ("Auntie Bo") and "Uncle" Terry get married! See preview of the dresses above. I had to bribe Molly to get her to wear a dress that was not pink. Boy are they going to look cute at the wedding! We are flying up to Sacramento and there will be gatherings galore! "Big" Terry (Terry's dad) and Jan (Terry's stepmom) are hosting pre and post parties at their amazing place in Shinglesprings. The wedding will be at a beautiful bed and breakfast in Placerville. It is going to be HOT...that I'm not so much looking forward to but all the festivities will make up for it. Terry's family is so wonderful. It's so cool to be getting more family members!
What else has been happening? Molly didn't want to go to swim class last week because the week before she went underwater and sank a little and did not like it one bit. I think we are on for trying again tomorrow. We are prepared with pink goggles and a Princess Aurora bathing suit. We met two friends in our Tiny Tots I class - they are twins (Haley and Danielle) and we have been having fun seeing them at the pool. We even joined them at the beach a couple of weeks ago.
Harriette's scars are practically invisible. I've been covering them with a scar gel 2x a day and then applying sunscreen so they really will be invisible in a few months. The whole experience didn't seem to bother her one bit and I'm glad it's over with. She has been cruising like crazy and will walk assisted. She'll be 15 months at the end of this week and she is still not walking. We aren't concerned because Molly didn't walk until she was about 14.5 months and my mom said I walked late too. Harriette is really verbal and starting to point at things she likes/wants. It's going to be so cool when she starts talking. I thought it was loud with Molly...the two of them together...magical mayhem!
I'm sure there is more to add but that's all for now! Good night!

2 comments:

  1. Cielo,
    I love the dresses! Those girls get cuter every day.
    I posted some old photos (very old) of my grandmother over the weekend; you might like them. www.anavaldezmerino.blogspot.com
    Hope you guys are keeping cool,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. only 8 more days and then it's September... someone needs to get fingers on the keyboard (and the camera shutter button thingie)... What adventures have Molly and Harriette been up to since the last post? What tales from strange lands? Where there sleestak? These questions and more to be answered next month. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete