Why has it been 2 years since I've blogged about the girls? Well life just happens. It's been a rollercoaster both good and a bit rough. I'll tell you about the good stuff...
So the girls are HUGE! Molly is almost as tall as I am (not hard to accomplish). Molly is now 11 years old. She had braces for about a year and now look at that smile!!! She's wearing a retainer on the bottom all the time and the top one, she wears only at night. Molly started at Hughes middle school this fall. She's been riding her bike to school everyday. She's known as the "girl with the yellow bike" (as she grew out of the one Santa brought her last year and is now the owner of my bike). Molly is in chorus, is getting amazing grades in all her classes. She has joined the Creative Writing Club and the Japanime Club. She won first place for a poem she wrote for the Reflections Art Program at school. We are waiting to hear if she moves on at the district level. She just joined the glasses club a few weeks ago. She loves being able to see at school clearly! Molly also started her own company called "Bells Birds". She hand sews beautiful felt birds. She participated in a handcrafter show called "Patchworks" and she sold out and is even making custom orders. Right now, she's out of stock due to the custom orders but I'm sure she'll have more in her Etsy Shop in 2017
Harriette is now 8 years old is in 3rd Grade at Kettering Elementary where we have been since Molly was in Kindergarten. She has the best of friends there - Nelle and Sophia and many more. She's playing violin every Monday and Wednesday. Monday is through the district and Wednesday is after school with Mr. Wille and Mrs. Ford. Harriette won 2nd place in the Reflections Art Program this year for her drawing. Both girls love drawing. There are drawings all over the house! Harriette has started playing a game called Animal Jam and she LOVES it. It's pretty cool to see her deal with the economics of the game - trading and value and rarity. It's fascinating. She also plays Minecraft and I'm amazed by what she builds. There are a lot of cat shaped buildings. Besides online games, Harriette started playing soccer with AYSO. It was her first real season (she played Spring but it was a lot more about training and practice - more causal). She has a blast and continued to get better and better throughout the Fall season. She played goalie several times and loved it. She's looking forward to next season.
We still have Scotty and Oscar the kitty cats but we have a new family member. Her name is P2 - she was Gramma Bev's kitty. She's older (13) and Gramma couldn't have more than 1 pet at Leisure World so we took P2 in. She's very sweet and the boys are dealing OK with her. P2 I believe was originally Patty Two but her name was shortened to P2 and it just stuck.
We moved to an apartment last year in December. We are in Bixby Knolls/Los Cerritos area of Long Beach. It's a lovely 3 bedroom and 2 bathroom place. There's a lot of trees in the courtyard and floor length windows. Both girls finally have their own rooms! It was hard to downsize but we are happy to not be dependent. We do miss Cappy a lot. He's moved to Leisure World along with Brian's mom, Aunt Marge (and Uncle Walt) and Mrs. Tranchida (Aunt Liz's mom). Our Pacifica (car) finally died last month so we welcome our new vehicle - a Dodge Journey (still lots of room). Brian has been taking the train since his car died in March. The train life all the way to Los Angeles is a little rough but hopefully 2017 will bring us a 2nd car again.
I opened an office in Bixby Knolls - 3520 Long Beach Blvd. Suite 203 Long Beach, CA 90807. www.cielorothphoto.com
Please family and friends, do your best to get me some referrals. I specialize in families and events (birthday parties, corporate events, family portraits, high school team sports, scout photo day, preschool photo days). Visit my website to check out my work. I am a boutique business which means I would like everyone to get printed products, my customer service is high end. My prices are not inexpensive but my images are priceless and timeless treasures.
I'm sure there's more but for now, here you go. I'll do my best to keep updates.




No comments:
Post a Comment