![]() |
First Day of Kindergarten for my Molly!! Her teacher is Ms. Mitchell and is very nice. Parents got to stay in the classroom during a coloring activity and 1st day photos then attended a parent orientation with the Principal. Then families rejoined their Kindergarteners for recess snack. After that Brian, Harriette & I went to pick up some balloons for a congratulations on the 1st day. Picked up Molly at noon. She made a friend named Grace. We joined Andreas (who was born 3 days before Molly) and his mom Leslie (I used to work with Leslie's hubby Nick) for lunch at the Katella Deli. I cannot believe we have never been there before - unbelievable sandwiches and bakery!
I didn't cry as much as I expected but that was only because I was trying to wrangle HarBar, listen to instructions and advice from the staff, and of course take lots of lots of photographs! I was maybe more nervous than Molly was. She for sure was taking a survey of her environment but not at all worried to say good bye to us. Harriette wanted to know where Molly was and missed her sister. There were a few aggressive kids which made me a bit nervous and want to run and pick her up and carry her away from the world but I think she'll learn to handle her own battles just fine. That won't stop me from being prepared with any ammo she wants and requires!
Looking very forward to being a room mom, PTA participant, classroom volunteer and anything else I can do to be involved!
It was a very busy day! Molly is excited and happy and that's all that matters.





















Congratulations! I love how they involved the families. Great pictures.
ReplyDeleteSuch an exciting day. Hope yo see you soon.
Thanks Nicole!!! Hope to see you soon too! Hope Belle is OK. Thinking about you.
ReplyDelete