We took a trip to Bakersfield last Saturday to help Gramma Bev with her classroom. Both decorated the white boards and Molly narrated the activities taking place around the room. It was great!
Harriette modeling hat in Gramma's backyard. Dress from Auntie Bo (last weekend!)
Tuesday we went to "Pump It Up" in HB - lots of fun! Went with Haley & Danielle & Amy. Got a good workout bouncing around and following Harriette through the maze. Went down a giant blow up slide (ouchy elbows for Molly & I)
Wednesday night Molly and I met Molly's BBF Taylor and her mom Kara for Princess and the Frog in the park. The girls were dancing and reading along with the book. Too cute. Scary park.
Thursday - Ballet Class of course. Swimming is over so Harriette was a bit more cooperative this class and I actually got to watch most of it. Plus a lollypop bribe helped a little too. This week was Sleeping Beauty.
Dancing in their room before bedtime sometime this week.
Pool and PlayDoh playdate with Andreas and his mom Leslie at their apt. Andreas and Molly were born 3 days apart from each other and will be attending the same Kindergarten. I think the moms are more excited about school than they are (and Molly is really excited - although she did share that she was a little afraid this week but I know she'll be great.)
Harriette lounging pool side yesterday
So I really starting to get this photography career of mine going. I offered a special mini session for 2 weeks for a super great price. I shot my first one today and of course I couldn't let that background go to waste without having my gals get in front of the camera. Guess who loves the camera (she even made her own out of foam) and guess who was not happy about mom taking another photo of her.
Molly's dress is from last year when she was a flower girl at Auntie Bo & Uncle Terry's wedding. They celebrated their 1st anniversary on the 15th! Harriette wasn't even walking then. By the way, I didn't tell them to put on fancy dresses for the shoot, that's just what they were wearing for the day.
Monday was our first day of "practice" for our new fall schedule. Molly has to be at school at 7:55 and it's clear across town and right next to the college. After practice we got our car oil changed, walked to the park (although right when we got there, the mechanic called and told us the car was ready!) It was a nice day and a nice week.
So anyway...we set alarms and got up early all week (ok except for Thursday since we were up late for the movie in the park). So far so good. Molly gets up and turns off her alarm (jazz music!) and get dressed. Usually Harriette is still sleeping. I have learned a few things I need to do: always wash dishes the night before - duh, set out clothes but save time for Harriette changing her mind or her shoes. Thank goodness Molly has a uniform! Easy breakfast stuff, fill up juice cups and leave in fridge, etc. Friday was the first day the campus was open so we brought over doughnuts to the staff. The principal was the only one there at 8 so she gave us a tour of the classrooms, playground and cafeteria. She was great. Next week is going to be the real test because we'll have the college traffic starting up. Wish us luck!















No comments:
Post a Comment