Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sheesh!

Sisters!

Molly being Molly
We celebrated our 12th Wedding Anniversary on 2-21-2010
Harriette's curls are just too cute!

So wow...this year has not been the greatest so far but I do have high hopes for the rest of it! Brian has a really nasty ear infection with hearing loss and everything - he's on the mend now but has been on antibiotics for over a month and even went to see a specialist (Thank you Andy!) 

We took Molly to the ER because she fell and lost consciousness for a bit 2 weeks ago - she was totally fine and we are not the kind of parents to overreact too much when it comes to injuries but this was pretty scary. 

Molly had to get her immunization shots yesterday in preparation for Kinder in the fall. She got so upset that she broke out and got all blotchy. I asked if that was normal reaction and they said - you wait right here. Doctors came in to make sure she wasn't having a reaction to the shots and gave her some Benadryl. Ugh - I had both girls and Harriette was a bit cranky and fussy. Harriette calmed down after awhile but it took Molly quite some time to relax, stop crying and after they checked her once more...I had Molly in the umbrella stroller and was carrying Harriette out. Today Molly is fine thank goodness. And btw, she's now 42" tall and weighs 38lbs!

Harriette has a yeast infection (yeah I didn't know babies could get them either but apparently it can be caused simply by the right combo of moisture and bacteria or antibiotics but I was thinking that had to be out of her system by now from her last ear infection in Jan.). It's clearing up nicely and doesn't seem to be too bothered by it.

For me, I'm amazingly feeling OK after months and months of cold/flu/asthma issues.

More upbeat news: Molly is back at Rainbow School and is having a blast. She is actually excited that she gets to go to school (not has too) - let's hope that same enthusiasm will be there in the fall when she goes to Kindergarten. We will find out in June where she "gets in" - yes this is public school. All public schools in Long Beach have mandatory uniforms and although she can't wear pink, she can wear skirts and dresses which is really all she cares about. 

Harriette is quite the talker now. My favorite phrases: "What's that?", "Molly, where are you?", "Again". Abd the hand gesturing - good good stuff. She's getting so big! She's about 25lbs now. She is a good eater especially broccoli and spinach (both girls like them some green food). I still can't seem to get her off the bottle - I'm limiting to once a day. Molly was off way sooner but Molly still using a binky (naps/nighttime only) whereas Harriette never picked that habit up. Molly is going to give it up when she's a "big girl" at age 5. Harriette hopefully can kick the bottle habit before age 2.

What else is going on? We've been play-dating a lot! We met Andreas and Leslie at Wardlow Park the week before last. Played with Staci, Jennifer, Jeremy, Layla, Josh at the Park behind LB Parks & Rec - can't remember the name - it has that cool big rock which all the kids climbed on top of! A friend of mine, Leona and her daughter Olivia came over to our place to play also! I took lots of photos and once I get on it, I'll post some...I am really hoping by all this playing and picture taking...I can actually get paid to do the same...baby steps. 

The girls are having so much fun playing together (ok - and fighting too). I'm so happy that they get to spend more time together again (besides the weekends). I cannot say how wonderful it is being home with them again. Thank you thank you thank you to my parents. 

It's almost time for bunk beds since Molly can barely fit into her toddler bed anymore.

I'm sure there's more but that's what I have in me right now. The girls are both napping currently.
Have a good afternoon everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment